Living Life

Florida - July 2016

Florida – July 2016

I know it’s been ages since I last wrote my last blog post and the truth behind why I haven’t is simply because I’ve been living life. There have been many  moments when I’ve sat my butt down in front of my computer to blog, but something just kept me from doing so. It’s as if life was pulling me away from my blog to be more present with myself and my family.

The last four’ish months of my life have been a whirlwind to say the least. To start, in May of this year I underwent a surprise emergency surgery to remove my incredibly infected and largely dysfunctional gall bladder. Consequently, I missed out on standing up as a bridesmaid for one of my best girlfriends’ wedding. This came just shy of a week after I found out my thyroid cancer had returned.

In an effort to focus more on myself, and my family, I have been off work for the past few months. There was a small moment during my recovery after having my gall bladder removed, where I thought maybe I could go back to work just to get my mind off of the craziness that was my life, however, I knew better. It took me over a month to recover from my surgery. As the seasons changed and the summer days quickly passed, I spent most of my days with family and friends. I reconnected with myself and others. Finding out I had cancer this time around, urged me to live a better life. While I knew treatment and recovery were fast approaching, I tried hard to remain present and appreciate the life that I was living.

On August 3 I was admitted for my radioactive iodine to treat my thyroid cancer. It was tough being away from the kids. Face time and watching the sunsets through my hospital room window kept me going. This time was different. I was stronger both physically and mentally and there was nothing that was gonna stop me from beating this cancer again. I surrounded myself with the love and support of my village. Friends, family both in real time and online kept me going. I nourished myself with healthy food choices as much as possible, and knew to treat myself when necessary. I’ve been blessed with the knowing when to be kind to myself so much more now than ever.

Today, I’m happy to say that my body is doing well. At my last and most recent trip to see my oncologist, after my radioactive treatment was completed. A whole two days in isolation. After a whole body scan was performed to see if any residual cancer remained in my body…. all is clear. The treatment was a success. The power of positive thinking has gotten me through yet another one of the hardest trials in my life and I remain on top.

It’s simply onwards and upwards from here on.


1203 yes 2 yes

FacebookTwitterGoogle+PinterestWhatsAppGoogle GmailShare

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* Copy This Password *

* Type Or Paste Password Here *

163,476 Spam Comments Blocked so far by Spam Free Wordpress